Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, November 30, 2009

Weekend work

Well I didn't get as much done as I would have liked this weekend. I had hopes that I would be more motivated. I think I was still too full from my turkey dinner.
I manage to quilt a small project. This is a horrible fabric to work with, but it is so soft. So I moaned about it and still used it. My Husband thinks the quilting looks like cinnamon buns and hot dogs. Men.

I did finish 1/2 of my red work. I think it's looking great, could be better than the antique original. I made french knots instead of small circles. I have also been looking on-line for pictures of French red work, so that I came draw up patterns from it. All the red work that is out there seems to be little kids or animals. Not leaves and such. Oh well, I'll just have to be brave and make up my own patterns.
So should I make my red work into a pillow or make more blocks and make it into a quilt? I am pondering this and would like to know what you all would do.
Hoping for a more productive day, Brandie

No comments: