Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Collections

Yesterday Debbie asked what do you collect. I have been collecting cobalt glass for years. I love the way the light hits it and it seems to be alive. This is odd as I don't like the color blue. Blue is not a color that I use in quilts, I would never paint a room blue and I rarely buy blue clothing. But cobalt blue is one of my favorite things. My living room windows are filled with cobalt.
I was as bad girl last night. One, I didn't finish my pears and I went out to eat. I've been on a diet since October (lost 16 lbs), but I have a weakness for sushi. My husband claims that sushi is low in calories and I want to believe him. If you like sushi and you live in my area, check out Big Tuna, on Mangrove. It is a little hole in the wall, but they won CN&R's, best new restaurant this year.
The beef udon. Perfect! Even though it has beef. I let my husband eat that. My all time favorite is the Mexican roll. This is crab meet wrapped in a seaweed paper with a silver of Serrano pepper. Covered in a shrimp, avocado and topped with baby cilantro. Yum, makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I also like the big tuna bomber, which is a tuna roll,with Serrano pepper and a hint of garlic.
This is the Mexican roll's close up.
All gone. Boy was it yummy. I was reading a food editors blog awhile back and her question was, if you knew this was your last meal, what would you have? For me, it would have to be the Mexican roll, hands down.
Take care, we'll talk later, Brandie

No comments: