Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, January 29, 2010

Can you believe...

Another finish! and this one is on my UFO list.

For me, these fabrics have stood the test of time. I believe I bought them in 2002 and they are just as beautiful now as the were then. I still treasure the box filled with these leftover fabrics. I feel like they are too precious to use.

I love this quilt. I'm glad years ago, cousin Linda convinced me to keep it. Thank you Linda! Now I'm ready for a girl grandchild. I think I'm going to start a hope chest for grandchildren.

I love everything about this quilt. From the mistakes to the prairie points. What mistakes, you ask. Well this was early in my quilting years and I didn't get all those stems under the big rose. So a couple of the stems have furry beginnings, where they are attached to the big rose.

My fingers are a little sore from the hand quilting, cause I'm out of practice. It's not as heavily quilted as most of my quilts, but I still love it.

Take care, Brandie

2 comments:

Julia said...

It looks lovely Brandie..a great finish.
Julia ♥

Lori said...

Very nice! So, now you have 2 quilts ready for grandchildren. One for a boy and one for a girl:)