Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mother's Day Picnic

Mother's day picnic quilt. Remember, you can click on any of the pics to make them bigger.
I've always called this Mother's Day Picnic. About 4 years ago I was working on the middle of this quilt during Mother's Day. We all went to a local park to eat, ride bikes and such. While we were there, I saw almost all these flowers. The California poppies, bergamot, ground roses and wild iris's.
I added the little creatures, just cause I like them.

I know turtles don't really stack, but they do in my imagination. Do you see the bite the big turtle took out of the leaf. This makes me laugh, what was I on when I made this?
Didn't they stack in "Yurtle the Turtle"?


A dragonfly and do you see the little spider, to the right? Oops,I cut of the dragonflies head.



A snail and a better view of the dragonfly.
I always like my quilts more after I'm done with them and time has passes. While I'm doing them, I see every mistake and every mis-matched point, which this quilt has many of. Now I look at this quilt and am proud of my imagination and color choices.
Take care, Brandie




2 comments:

ranette said...

You have some talent girl!!! Very pretty quilt.

debbie m said...

I love that quilt! and yes the turtles did stack in Yertle the Turtle,lol...another Seusse fan. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent.
Blessings,
debbie