Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Very Bad Day

I have a poor me story to tell you today. But don't read this if ...

1. you have no sense of humor
2. or you are sensitive to arguments

My son, who has a great sense of humor and is usually so easy to get along with, had an argument with me on Christmas eve. I was still going through an emotional time and this silly argument, about olives, made me cry. He left mad and I went to my room angry and hurt, ready to call Christmas off. After I regained some of my composer, I continued with Holiday baking and such. About an hour later, I received an e-mail that sent me right back to my room, crying like a baby. Throwing myself on my bed, in a childish tantrum, I felt a wet spot. Apparently while I was feeling sorry for myself, my little princess PugsLee, peed on my bed. Guess what, I cried even harder. Several hours later, still soft and tender, I re-entered family life. My daughter and I spent some time looking at awkwardfamilyphotos.com. Some of these pictures were quite strange and helped me get out of my funk.
We all had dinner together and I started to get back to my usual optimistic self. After dinner we opened our 1 present. This has always been PJs so that Christmas morning the kids were in festive PJs for pictures. This year was no different. I found red long johns for my son. I knew he would like them, I just hoped he'd keep that back flap shut. My daughter and I mentioned this to him, as he was stripping naked to put them on. He was in another room as he did this, don't worry. He wanted a picture for his girlfriend and thought it would look good in his PJs. So he laid out on the couch, doing the Burt Reynolds pose. Dad was taking pics, while Bridgette and I were cooking pies. I made a detour to the living room for something. So as I entered the room I was looking at William posing and I started to say "your buttons are undone and your belly is hanging out". As I was saying this, I realized that that wasn't his belly and screamed and ran from the room, laughing the whole way.
Apparently, Dad was taking his own awkward photos. William as usual, laughed it all off and doesn't seem to be fazed by it one bit. Me on the other hand was and am traumatized. But after that horrible day, I have a funny story to tell.
Thank you for reading this, I told you all as a bit of therapy. I'm laughing now and I hope you are too. I also hope I'm not the only emotional female out there. I need to grow a thicker skin and not to let such silly little things bother me.
Take care, Brandie

3 comments:

Debbie in Chico/Sacto said...

OMG!!!! Too funny. And those emotional moments only serve to demonstrate how much love you have for your son! If you didn't love him so deeply, an argument wouldn't matter that much to you. Thanks for sharing,

Jodie said...

LOL!!!! One hell of a story that you are sure to remember for years to come...

Jodie :)

ranette said...

Oh Brandie, don't worry, all of us have those emotional times. It's good that you can laugh at the day now.