Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm going to tell you a dirty little secret.
For many years, I've been sleeping on the floor. When we up-graded to a queen sized mattress, our attic room would not allow a box spring up the narrow stairs. So I gave the box spring to my MIL and throw the mattress on the floor. Till now, I never told anyone. Me a grown woman, sleeping like a college student.
Well this October, I moved us downstairs and put that same mattress on the floor.

Isn't that gorgeous carpet? (that will be the next thing to fix)

This last weekend, we finally got around to making a platform for the bed. We bought narrow shelves at Target in Espresso. Laid down plywood and screwed it all together.


I had previously bought these leather boxes to house whatever I need them to. I'm so happy with the results. And making the bed is so much easier. Even rolling out of bed is easier. And it's still not to high for PugsLee.
Maybe next, we'll install indoor plumbing. Just kidding!
Take care, Brandie

1 comment:

Lori said...

What a hoot! Do I need to being my own magazine when I come to visit?! Hahaha