Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, January 4, 2010

Weekend Fun

I had a great weekend, how about you? Has anyone else seen "Its Complicated"?
Without giving away too much, I'll say it was very entertaining, but maybe that was because of the cousins. Do you watch movies and put friends and family members in those rolls? Well we did and that made it funnier. There were a few surprises that they didn't show in the previews, so that was nice. Meryl Streep's character had a wonderful bakery shop that I would love to run, just a little dream of mine. And her house was beautiful as well. So if you like movies and you have fun girlfriends, I suggest you all go together.

Also this week end I did get a little sewing done.

I think I'm done with the layout of the Dresdens. As you'll notice I did add a strip to separate the lights and darks. This isn't a masterpiece, but I'm happy with it. The original layout, just didn't work, so I rearranged till I saw something I liked. I still need to buy a backing, so I will set it aside, only for a moment, and work on something else.

Have you all looked at Lori's doll quilt "Cheddar Cheese and Crackers"? Well I started to cut out the scraps to do this small quilt. I had a couple of small piles going when I thought, "These are too big". So I went back to look and sure enough I had cut my square too big. Lori asked for 1 1/2 squares. Really Lori? I really need to wear my glasses for this quilt.
I didn't have any "Cheddar" so I'm going with a swiss and a provlone. Maybe I make it bigger and turn it into a baby quilt for my niece. But I'll have to actually put a block together to see if I might be biting off more than I can "sew".

Have a great Monday, Brandie

1 comment:

ranette said...

The Dresden quilt is so beautiful! I love the layout.

I'm tempted by the Cheddar Cheese and Cracker quilt, but haven't started it yet.