Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does anyone else remember underoos?

When I was a young girl, I had a large crush on a movie star. I might have even believed she was truly real. Who you ask? Wonder Woman, AKA Lynda Carter. I would turn and swirl for hours, trying to turn into her. Just so you know, nothing ever happened, except I got very dizzy. I even had the underoos. I wore them as often as I could. They made me feel so strong.

A couple of years ago, my husband found grown up underoos. You'll never guess what kind. Yup, Wonder Woman. I was so excited, my kids thought I had finally lost it. Not only did I get new underoos, they were sent by Major Steve Trevor.
The only bad thing is, now I afraid of wearing them out. I've worn them maybe 3 times in the last 3 years. So I need to buy another pair. I'm using this as motivation to lose more weight and buy a smaller size.

This year, I have more to add to my collection.

My daughter found this for me. I not really a belt person, but I did wear this all day, over my underoos and with my red boots, hidden by my clothes. I felt so powerful and strong. After the Bad Day, I needed all the help I could get.
Sorry, I don't know why my pictures are sideways. I've tried uploading them twice.

Cousin Nikki found this mug for me. Isn't it great? I love Wonder Woman so much, I've thought of getting a small tattoo, on my toe, of her crown. But I'm a coward and would probably never do it.
For Mother's Day, which my b-day fell on, I received a new Ipod. I had a first generation Ipod with 10 GB. The family upgraded me to a 160 GB with video. I have loaded it up with every bodies music and I still have 58 GB's free. When I say everything, I mean it. Weird Al to classical. 4 banker boxes full of CD's.

Both kids have their own and I didn't want mine confused with theirs, so I made a sticker. I went to skinit.com and made my own sticker using pics we found off of google. I love it!

I haven't gotten any sewing done in days, I've been cleaning out a couple of closets and reading. Tonight is Guild night and I might have something to show you tomorrow that is quilt related. But don't hold your breathe, I still not feeling it.

Take care, Brandie

1 comment:

ranette said...

I can still hear the theme music to Wonder Woman in my head....funny post and hey, we all need our idols! ;o)