Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Something done

Yesterday I got off my butt and started working on UFO's. Of course I picked the easiest one to start with, the pillows. All they needed was (I'm going to call them gussets) and backs. And Murphy's Law is, if you need something, you won't have it. I don't have any filling. Why am I using filling? The pillows are 14 x 18, and I don't think there are pre-made forms that size. So I'll have to wait till I go to the big city of Chico, to pick up my filling.
The pillows were from a class I took with Rami Kim. We were suppose to make these into a purse. I love purses and all, but thought these were too big. So now they will be pillows from my children's ex-school to auction off and make money, I hope.
I did do some more quilting. I had been doing the little square with the walking foot and it was taking sooooo long. So I switch out that foot for the free-motion, and went to town. I think in the time it took me the same time to do 1 line with the WF, as I did 6 lines, free-motion.
A close up of the little squares. Aren't they cute? After I wash the quilt, the open square will pop right up.
Today I'm going to try to come up with a design for the open silk part. Wish me luck.
Take care, Brandie



1 comment:

ranette said...

Gorgeous pillows and I'll be they will raise a lot of $$$'s. Good job working on ufo's....I like the quilting too.