Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend Report

 What a weekend! I think I may have finally caught up on my sleep.
First, I finished the "B' side of my Jubilee quilt. Not only that but I started the "C" side too. How did I manage to do that?! Well Maximus has taken Dorian under his wing and has decided that Dorian is his project. They play together and even sleep together. I think Dorian is learning may things from Max, but he still has some learning to do
 I even worked on a few blocks. All the while a kitten was running across my feet and stopping to bite a toe or two before running the other way. I have a feeling that this will be the norm for a while.
 As you can see, Dorian is not afraid of Max in the slightest. In fact Dorian is the instigator and I usually have to separate Dorian from Max. Maximus is such a good boy! He takes it and only gets upset he Dorian bites his face. Can't say I blame him, those vampire teeth hurt!
 Dorian likes to hide out in his "bed" and attack form above. He doesn't play fair at all. But I believe Max will teach him the ropes before too long.
The poor dogs have lost this bed to Dorian. This used to be where Max would crawl under the blanket to get warm. Well not any more. Dorian has claimed it. He tries to take up as much space as possible. He acts like an only child!
But he learned to use the litter box and so I can't say I don't love him. He is a smart little devil! Now he just needs to give up the bottle. He stands there and watches the dogs eat and drink and it's like you can see him thinking about it, but every time I give him a bowl of milk he ignores it. He just wants that bottle! But I'll keep trying, he'll get it soon enough.

Things are finally settling down and getting back to normal (I hope). I may have a house full but I do laugh a lot, so I'm not complaining.

Take care, Brandie

7 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

Gald Dorian has found a mentor in Maximus

Heather said...

Oh my that B panel is gorgeous, I can't wait to see where you are going with this one.

Esther said...

Love this entire post. The quilt is looking beautiful, and I love the Max and Dorian info.

sunny said...

Your quilt is awesome! How wonderful of Maximus to take Dorian under his wing. You'll have a lot more sewing time now.

Carla said...

Your quilt will be stunning when finished! I can see why that kitty has stolen your heart. What a cutie. Your in for lots of laughs ; )

Lynette said...

That is SO pretty - the fabric choice for the pieced blocks is perfect with the ornate letters.

Robin said...

What a great post...beautiful quilt and beautiful animals! Max is a good boy to put up with Dorian and YAY for Dorian using his litter box!!