Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Update

 Dorian the Grey, is still hanging in there. His eyes still aren't open and that really makes us worry about his age. Today he'll have been with us a week.
He loves his milk and cuddling under my chin. That static purr is much stronger and louder. I think if these things as good signs.
Thank goodness he has started sleeping through the night! He really fills his belly at night! I'm a much better mommy replacement with sleep.
It has taken me days to put up my $4 fence, but I'm loving it. Shabby Chic? I don't know what it is, but it sets the mood and establishes this place as a "garden". In the past I've had people set all over plants and say they didn't know it was a garden because it didn't have a fence. Well this garden has a fence and an arch!  There will be no mistaking this isn't a place to walk!

Take care, Brandie

14 comments:

Monica said...

Isn't he just precious?! I love the name you've given him.

About ten years ago at a place where I worked, there was a lady moving out of an apartment and she took a momma cat with her and left three newborn kittens to die. Well I wasn't haven't that. My son and I brought them home and we bottle fed them till they were old enough to find new homes. It was a very rewarding experience.

Carrie P. said...

oh, that is good news about the kitten. he is so cute.

Sharon said...

That is great news with the kitten, I would be doing the same thing. I believe we are the keepers of animals and its our responsiblity to look after them. Good job!

paulette said...

I've been wondering how wee Dorian is doing? So glad to hear that she is hanging in there...what a good mommy you are!!
The fence looks wonderful...and so does the garden!
P

Miriam said...

Looks like Dorian is thriving under your care! Wonderful!

Your new fence looks great!

Lynn said...

Precious picture! But it does look like you are feeding Dorian from a Roxanne's bottle of applique glue!

Esther said...

I love the name of you kitten. How precious. Your fence is perfect.

sunny said...

Awwww.... I missed your last post. Bless you for taking Dorian in and trying to save a life.

Jo said...

Dorian the Grey is doing great! thanks to his new mama ;0) good job! Missed you tonight (ifn you went) I was taken' care of my mama... times they are a changin'

Wilma Lee said...

Love the fence!!! And the teeny kitty is precious!

Jean(ie) said...

Dorian the Gray.... a purrfect name (yes, I went there). Looks like this sweet kitty has found a wonderful home. I hope he continues to make progress.

Sammy said...

Oh my God Brandie, I love your small kitten, he is so cute.. my daughter has allergies , so a cat for me is out of the question.. Good luck with you and your baby kitten :)

Hitchhiker42 said...

That's a great name for the kitten. Very cute.

Carla said...

Wow! So glad he is doing well. When those little eyes open, the fun will start : )