Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Garden Produce

 Dorian really enjoys his breakfast! There is nothing better than morning light and a warm bottle.
We had a long night. Some furry someone, decided to play during the night. I'll need a cat nap this afternoon!

While watering, I notice the most amazing thing, a TOMATO!
 I started jumping up and down and yelling at the house. "I have a tomato!" No one but the dog was listen and that just made him more interested in what I was excited about. He wasn't as excited as I was,  as it wasn't a bone growing.
 Then I noticed that I have one bloom on my zucchini. Hopefully that means I'll have at least one grow. If I don't grow at least one zucchini, I really failed as a gardener.
My celery has started to sprout. All I did was take a store purchased celery, use it up and plant the root end.
And garlic! Now I can keep the vampires away (except for Eric).

Assuming all my plants continue to grow, I'll have some yummy salsa!


Take care, Brandie

9 comments:

Kim West said...

Who would want to keep Eric away (assuming you are meaning Eric northman!)??

Congrats on the gardening. I have a black, rotting thumb and won't even attempt one...

Carrie P. said...

gardening is so much fun. I get excited when I see new stuff coming out too.
you will have to keep us up to date about that celery. very interested.
we had a raccoon climb the deer fence and get into our corn. I was so mad because the corn was even ready. He didn't get much.

Linda said...

I love gardening!!! Isn't it so rewarding???? Growing and eating your own produce is the best...as long as no critters are eating them too. :-)

Jean(ie) said...

Yippee! A tomato! Look at that cutie!

sunny said...

Yippee! It's summer produce time! And look at that adorable kitten. He just gets cuter each day.

Lynn said...

Precious picture.....the kitty.....not the tomato!

Robin said...

LOL, so glad to hear that Dorian is a bundle of energy...but sorry he's keeping you up at night! One of our little feral kittens that we rescued used to like to walk back and forth across my chest and fluff herself up against my face all night. Itchy, LOL.

Good for you with the garden produce! That will make a tasty salad. I had NO idea you could plant a celery end that way!

M and M plus 3 said...

How sweet! See, I told you your garden will produce. It's always fun to watch it grow.

Carla said...

Wow! a quilter, gardner, and a vet. You are a woman of many talents : )