Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, July 9, 2012

I have become a cat blogger

 For all who asked, Dorian is doing great! He opened his eyes this weekend. They still don't look like they have pupils but they will change as he ages.
 He is exploring, as long as it's not off his towel! This micro-fiber rag was the first thing I grabbed to hold him with. Now he won't venture away from it.
We are trying to hold him as much as possible to assimilate "Mom". Also to tame him as I suspect he is a feral cat.
He finish his first quart of goats milk this weekend. It only took a week, but I think it's a good sign.

In other news, I have been keeping up the garden. No sewing, but I have been watering and pruning.
 These hydrangeas were so heavy, they were almost touching the ground. So I figured that they needed to be pruned and enjoyed inside. One really nice thing about hydrangeas, they last a long time.
Also while watering, I discovered that I have a whooping total of 5 lemons! 5 whole lemons!
I really am excited as this is the first time this baby tree has produced fruit. 5 lemons! That may be enough for a whole lemon meringue pie. Maybe

I started my new hexie project. I re-worked it several times but I think I know where I'm going with it now. Tomorrow I'll post some pictures. (assuming blogger loads them! I lost 2 pictures this time around.)


Take care, Brandie

9 comments:

Sharon said...

You can kitty blog any time. You know we all want updates on Dorian.

Nancie Anne Quilts said...

Adorable baby! He is identical to a little orphan found in the alley behind my Mothers house that I raised with the assistance of my wonderful Collie when I was in High School. Thanks to a McDonalds ad of the time and his scruched up little expression, I named him Grimace.

Miriam said...

Dorian is very cute!! Glad to hear he is doing well.
Love your hydrangeas.
Looking forward to seeing your hexies.

Jean(ie) said...

Awwww... If you need any advice I can put you in touch with some knowledgeable cat bloggers. Dorian is a handsome boy.

You're a good mommie.

Donna said...

What an adorable kitty! My husband and I keep checking your blog for updates on Dorian! Are you planning to keep him or adopt him out? You are doing a wonderful job!

sunny said...

Oh - look at him with his eyes open! Keep those pictures coming. Cat bloggers are very popular, you know.

M and M plus 3 said...

How sweet he is! I was just wondering how things were going, hence the reason for my visit. Keep up the great work with Dorian, it will be fun to watch him grow. Wow, lemons, how nice. It's too cold here for something so nice. Love the flowers, too.

Lori said...

It looks like you are staying busy with fun things. Glad to hear Dorian is improving.

Lynette said...

Awwwwww :) He looks so very sweet. :)