Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sew-Sew

 I had a request for a "pretty" bag. I started it last week. Something that shouldn't have taken more than an afternoon actually took me a week to finish. We all know who's fault that is.
 It took me a day to come up with the pattern. Two days to cut out fabrics. Another day to  cut the pellon and batting.
 And only about an hour to sew it all together.
See that inside pocket, that was a mis-cut from the outside. You've never done that right?
 Part of the day was spent on the couch with Dorian and a book.
 I read, he sleeps.
But at some point in the afternoon he went off exploring and I also went to explore my sewing room. I got involved and went looking for him after a while.
I called and looked under all the furniture. Guess where I found him? His box. He has had a bankers box from  day one and that's where he sleeps at night. Sometimes during the day, but most of the time I'm his bed.
He learned how to crawl out of his box yesterday and apparently how to get back in.
He was crawled up in the corner of his box under a towel, fast asleep. He stayed asleep long enough for me to finish the bag.

I'm seeing a change and I like it. He's becoming more independent. It's amazing how fast he is growing. 25 days old and yet so small.
After a heavy day of playing, with that dotted ball, his new favorite toy. He just conked, right on the dirty rug. Blissful!

Take care, Brandie

5 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

such a cutie pie!

Carrie P. said...

looks like you will be able to fit in some more time for sewing soon. nice bag!

Lori said...

I love your bag and it is no surprise why it took a week to make!

sunny said...

Beautiful bag! Dorian's looking fantastic.

Robin said...

The bag is really cute, but you know I like Dorian even better!! Your little one is growing up!