Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, February 28, 2011

Tatting and Lace

After digging my car out of the snow (yes, really!) we went antiquing again. And boy did I find a bumper crop! A couple of these have the most exquisite lace. The top left, I'm sure is a hand made lace. When I saw and felt that one, I knew it was going home with me. I can just see these layered on another fabric to show the lace and quilted up into little masterpieces.
I also found old lace and tatting. Some of these are sewn in a round, I guess they were taken off of their original garment or dresser scarf.
I even found a cute little collar. Again I bought it for the lace. I really wish we could buy lace like this. You would think that, Oh I don't know, Maybe a chain fabric store would carry this kind of stuff. I'm tired of the same 4 laces in 2 colors. I want variety! I know I've bought some pretty laces at that "chain" in the past. Maybe our store just sucks!
This last picture doesn't show the embroider around the cut of flowers. Just take my words for it, it's beautiful!
Take care, Brandie

5 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Great finds for sure.

Lori said...

Gorgeous! You hit the motherload!

Lynn said...

Over the years we've had the best luck 'antiqueing' in Paradise! What fun and what great things you bought.

Nelli said...

Very beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love lace. All this is so pretty!