Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Bit of un-sewing

Yesterday I only managed to attach the crochet lace and not much more. I didn't even complete the pleats (try to say that 10 times fast!).
I had the lace on top of the hem and we decided that it didn't look right. So out came the seam ripper for bit of un-sewing. Then those tweezers for picking out all the thread!
This look is much better. Now to get on to pleating 6 yards of fabric.

On to the weather report... we are waiting for another big storm. There is still snow on the ground in some places in town. Not my yard, I apparently live in the banana belt of town (what ever that means). So I need to get to the store and stock up. They say it will snow again for another 4 days. I doubt it, but I'm still going to be prepared. Usually they predict snow and all we get is rain. So my fingers are crossed that that is still true.
Just when you think it's over, that's when you're surprised by more storms. This year I was ready. I knew better that to think that those sunny days would last. I knew better than to plant anything (it's only taken me 10 years to learn) to early. I've learned not to even rake up the winter beds till at least April, no sooner. So off to hunker down for the storm, hehehe...
Take care, Brandie

1 comment:

Linda said...

I hope you didn't get the storm!! I hate unsewing but it always looks better when I do! :-) Crochet lace is very pretty.