Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, October 1, 2010

Red work Finish

I finished the quilting on the red work and I couldn't be happier. I always count my time quilt by how many bobbins are used and this time was no different. I used 2 and a half bobbins on this 16 x 16 pillow. All that is left is to make a envelope closure and I can call this done. Cousin Linda may have the antique, but mine is personalized and I think I did a better quilting job!
It's really hard to get pictures of the quilting, as you all know.
An extreme close up of the cathedral windows. I went in and scribbled inside the windows to make them show up better.
This did start on an old sheet of my Grandmother's, so in a sense, it is also an antique. Sure it may not be linen, but I'm very happy with it and it will look great on my bed. Now I just need to make a red bed quilt. I have been collecting reds for about 3 years now, with the intention of making a red and white schoolhouse quilt. Every quilt show I pick up at least 3, so I should be set. Now I just need to complete a few more UFOs and then I can start something new. This will be really hard, but I'm really going to try.
Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you back here next week!
Take care, Brandie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Liz

andsewon said...

Beautiful!
I have 2 red work pieces I finished a while ago.
Need to do bed pillas too.
Lola

Monica said...

I love the way you quilted it! Quilting embroidered items can be such a challenge.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

It is beautiful! I love the quilting too! It may not be antique, but it is original and will be an heirloom someday! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love this pillow, I cannot wait to see the beautiful quilt you're going to make to match it!

ranette said...

Again I'm just awestruck by the beautiful quilting you've done and I've spent a good amount of time with the photo's enlarged studying them.

Lovely work Brandie!

Carrie P. said...

It is beautiful and the quilting is really lovely too. Thanks for coming by my blog.