Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, July 16, 2010

A whole new bag

So this idea for a purse has been in my head and it needed to come out. Here it is in it's first stages. I know it doesn't look like much yet, but I plan on adding a little something to gussy it up. Still thinking on it. This was scrap fabric and the only thing important to me was that flower being on the flap in front.
I'm also thinking about the lining and pocket placement. I don't want to use a magnetic closure, as I've has problems with them in the past. It's a hassle to replace your debit card, and to go without, don't get me started.
Also I decided to take the bull by the horns and just buy orange fabric. I used the paint chips and my best judgement. At least one of these oranges has got to be "the" orange. But as quilters, we all know that many hues of the same color make a project more beautiful. Or am I just wishing and hoping this is true?

Here are the pinks, most that Mom picked. Another pattern in my head. But you'll have to wait for the reveal.
This weekend I have some work cut out for me. I've got some applique that is calling to me.
Have a wonderful weekend. All of you in the states, let's keep cool!
Take care, Brandie

2 comments:

ranette said...

Amazing!!!

Donna said...

That is a gorgeous bag, Brandie! And thank you for your sweet comment about dad and his chipmunk friend!!!... Donna