Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Good, Bad and Ugly

Yesterday I said I would tell you a secret, Here it is. I have an ugly kitchen.

So I decided it needed a quick fix and this is what I did. I painted my floor. This is the good. With one coat the floor already looked better. It ain't perfect, but it does look better.
This is the bad. After pulling up the peel and stick tiles, this is what I got. Just plain bad floor boards. Unfortunately, the kitchen didn't have wood floors like the living room and dining room. But I think my quick fix is still better than...
...the just plain UGLY. This tile has seen better days and they were at least 20 years ago. Do you see those stripes? Those are cracks. Because the floor boards are rounded with age, everything pits and cracks. So until I really know what I want to do in there (push a wall out and expand it by, oh about 20 feet, in both directions), I'll be happy with my quick fix.

So what do you do when your Husband is away?
Back to finishing up the kitchen. I'm now at the point where I need to return everything to the room. If I hadn't over sleep, I'd have a completed pic for you.
Also I have a lunch to cook for my girlfriends. Go tot start that pie crust. Where did I put that vodka?
Take care, Brandie


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brandie,

Love the way you fixed the floor. I think it looks great and love the rug as well. nice work!