Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, July 12, 2010

Ellie Bags

This weekend didn't seem to get away from me. I feel as if I accomplished something. I wasn't seating around being lethargic. Maybe because I moved my sewing machine into the cool zone. I was only able to sew till around noon, then the heat would be overwhelming, and summer has only begun.
So I did put in all the zippers and add all the handles to last weeks bags. And started a couple more. As I got into it, I couldn't stop. I love the elephant bags! Look at the pocket on the front. I traced one of the ellies and added it to the pocket. Love it!
Remember the reversible bag? All done. This is the inside.
Oh and remember when I said that I would get 3 or4 bags from my fabrics? WRONG. I can get 2 diaper bags and 1 tote. But I'm loving the totes! See the brown one? That's mine. See the pockets on these guys? Hubby drew me a new ellie. Totally love this one!
That Daughter of mine was up this weekend and so of course she saw the bags. Unfortunately, I can't convince her that she doesn't need one of each bag. I tried to sell her on the tote bags. She can't be convinced. So it looks like I will only have one bag to sell. I told her that I had to sell one to buy more fabric. This adventure to Etsy was so that I could make money to feed my fabric diet. So far I've spent more money than I usually would. I keep telling myself that you have to send money to make money, but I'm not feeling it. I wasn't cut out to be a sales person. It's so much easier to just give things away. So I sit here and question myself and my wares. Frustation!
Well I must be off. Time to clean house before the heat wipes me out.
Take care, Brandie

5 comments:

Thelma said...

Wonderful job on those bags!! I'm glad you were productive this weekend, I just can't seem to get with it this summer, which isn't like me at all.

I hope you're able to sell one, so you can buy more fabric and make more!

Sue-Anne said...

Your bags look fantastic. I'm pleased your daughter left you one bag to sell! You have to feed that fabric addiction.

Lori said...

The bags are so sweet!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

You do such an amazing job.

Unknown said...

I love the green elephant bag!!! I loved the brown 1 but not that I saw the green 1 I love it more!!