Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, July 26, 2010

Pink and Orange

So I've been working on the twins quilts. I had an idea in my head and it is now mostly finished. I can only show you a bit, because I want Mom to be the first to see them.
Mom really likes the "barbie pinks". Most for you know that this color did not come from my stash. But I did get a few of my scraps and some stash fabrics in there. So here's a question. We all try to use up that stash, myself included, but what happens when we do? Fabric shopping spree? A get into heaven free card, because we have saved the world from extra fabric? Maybe we only save our family from having to find a new home for all that fabric.

OK, so back to the quilts. As you can see, there will be a pink quilt, for Kimber. And Harley will get the peachy orange quilt.
I finally broke down and told my SIL that I had started the quilts and went and bought any oranges I could find. She was fine with that and said she understood and that I needed to do my own creative thing. I was so happy to hear her say this. Wow, she does understand me, I'm going to keep her around. I want her to be happy with the quilts, but making something with too many rules, stifles the creativity. I'm so happy she gets that. Of course if she doesn't like the quilts, I'll just keep them. The colors are growing on me, especially the oranges.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. My hubby is out of town on a business trip, so while he is gone I have many household chores. Starting in the kitchen. Tomorrow I'll tell you a secret...
Take care, Brandie

5 comments:

Diane H said...

These look great, Brandie. I will always love the simplicity of just squares.

Nanette Merrill said...

The quilts are lovely. They will both be great. Fabric stashes eb and flow. And that is ok. Just keep on going.

Anonymous said...

I really love the oranges! I am so glad she chose to stay away from the brown/pink that is popular right now, it's nice, but this orange scheme is adorable!

Lori said...

They both will be terrific quilts and I'm sure they'll be well loved.

Sue-Anne said...

Cute little quilts Brandie!