Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Spirit

I spent most of yesterday curled in a ball on the couch. I've taken a little longer today to start moving. But I have to tell you, there are so wonderful people out there. Yesterday I was an emotional basket case. PugsLee made me cry, by getting wrapped around a tree. I'm a little fragile today but my spirit is lifting. I had an email from an unknown person, who read someone else's blog, where I mentioned that I needed help with my Dresden plates. I had asked Lurline for the dimensions of her ruler, so that I didn't have to buy one. Donna, who I don't even now if she is a Blogger, wants to send me a Dresden ruler, to lift her Christmas spirit. Now wonderful is that? She is a Christmas angel. Donna, if you are reading this, please let me know if you have a blog. Yesterday I told you about Dorothy. This is the quilt that I received after her funeral. She had just finished it before she became so sick she couldn't leave her bed. Her Granddaughter (my Best-Friend) Kimmie, gave it to me. I was so shocked, as they had keep it a secret, and moved by her gift of love. I still get weepy eyed by looking at this quit. Dorothy gave me a wonderful gift and I feel that I can't repay her. I've tried, I've taught Kimmie all that her Grandmother taught me and I will continue to teach anyone else who is interested. This is the only way I know to keep Dorothy's gift alive.
Of course this quilt will be hand quilted, that is the way Dorothy would have done it and I must honor that. This will be a family heirloom and it has a wonderful story to go with it.
A couple of winters ago I started this one. The only thing holding me back, is a name of the village. There is a church, school, library and post office and I want a name for the village. So until I can find a name that means something to my family, I have this rolled up in the UFO basket.
Wishing you all Christmas Spirit, Brandie

No comments: