Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Left overs?

Do you remember me telling you that the pieces were small? Here's the proof. Who appliques pieces this tiny? That's a nickel for the Americans to compare and a Australian $1 for my down under friends. Really too small! I'm glad I went with the "mauve"work.
Ignore that shadow, it's just my fat head. Aren't they cute? I'll have to remember this tip if I ever come across the same problem. I like how it turned out.
I threw it in the wash last night, so it's all wrinkly. I need to starch and iron it and I had a lot of marks on it, that I didn't want to become permanent.
And this is the pile of fat-quarters put back together. It barely looks as if I made a dent in them. I think I can get a couple of tops out of these leftovers. I think I will just cut them all into 1 1/2 inch strips and use them as squares and half-square triangles.
BUT, I need to get some more UFO's out of the way. My UFO basket is still over flowing. I really must not start anything new! Please help stay on the straight and narrow...
I off to see what everyone else has been up to, till tomorrow.
Take care, Brandie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so now that I have been informed, I love the little details, it really makes the quilt special!