My goal was to finish the applique on the opposite side of the other. I finished it and I'm happy. In the pattern, there are 4 appliqued corners. I'm lazy and went with 2 corners and I'm still happy with it.
So the next thing to accomplish is some "mauve" work. Do you see the empty squares above the house panel? There was to be some little flowers in them. At the time, still a newbie, I didn't think I could applique those tiny pieces. Even now I do think I can and most importantly, I wouldn't. So I made up my own rules and decided to do some rework instead. But red doesn't match any color in this quilt, some hence the mauve.
Stay tuned tomorrow to see the "mauve" work. I'm going to try my hardest to finish this quilt and have it pinned for quilting, this week! Hopefully I can get it quilted in a speeding fashion. I'm already thinking up template and motifs. If you have any in mind, let me know. I'll take all the help I can get. A 9 year UFO is too old. It needs to be finished and soon.
Oh, by the way, I was looking at the rest of the fabric from this quilt and I thought, simple 9-patches. How cute and homey would that be. And maybe half-square triangles, AKA Bonnie Hunter scrappy style. Now I just need TIME and background fabric.
OK, no more rambling, I must get ready for my walk!
Take care, Brandie