Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, August 2, 2010

Bargains

Well Mom and the babies are still here in town. Now the concern is that their weight is too low. They say it is normal for a newborn to lose up to 8%. But the girls are at 10%, so they are watching them carefully and trying to help improve their weight. Mom is very tired and I'm sure she is still sore. The pain has just moved farther north. Dallas stayed the night and played WII with her Uncle. What a sight! Those two had me laughing all evening. Not sure when Mom will be able to leave, so I may have a little person around for awhile.

This weekend, PugsLee had company. Her little friend Julia. She's in disguise. They played restaurant, but PugsLee is still confused about pretend food. She has to lick it all, just to make sure it isn't real.

Funny girls!

For years now, Hubby has been telling me he wanted a doughnut maker. I would roll my eyes and think, "Yeah, in your dreams". Well I guess I'm not dreaming and neither is he. That's a doughnut maker on our kitchen island. Where did it come from? Let me tell you...
Thursday night we were down at Jcpenney's. I was looking at shoes, what woman doesn't? Hubbby was upstairs looking at household goods. He came back to ask if 50% off was a good price. Well of course it is! We went upstairs to look at his find and I Had to give in. But before we actually paid for it, I made Hubby promise that this toy wouldn't be like the popcorn maker. That he wouldn't make doughnuts everyday. He agreed, so we bought it. You'll ever guess how much we paid for this high calorie toy. We had a savings of $151.67 , we only paid $30.57. Now Hubby wants to find more bargains and such, what a pain!

Take care, Brandie

2 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Wow brandie. A donut maker. I bet it is fun. I had twins. They are nearly 25 now. But yes, they lose weight faster than a single baby most of the time.

Debbie in Chico/Sacto said...

Very funny. I remember when my brother was in junior high or high school, he received a donut maker as a present from my grandmother. Clearly it must have been on sale and she couldn't pass it up. What teen-age boys wants a donut maker, right? I still laugh about that. Was out of town during the birth of your nieces. Congrats to you and the proud family. Sounds like everything is going well. My youngest was born at 3 lbs 7 ozs and dropped to 2 lbs 14 ozs shortly after birth. Now he is a tall, strong young man headed to the Navy TOMORROW (his pic is posted on my FB page). Take care and I'm sure I'll see you soon,