Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Top finish

Yesterday I finished up Parker's quilt. I added my last border and his name. Today I will try to get all the quilting done so I can send it off in the mail ASAP. 13 days early, I wasn't ready, but he was. Mom says he has been a good baby. He hasn't cried a lot, just sleeps mostly. But on the first day, what more can you expect. Hopefully he will be good today, tomorrow, ect ....
It'll be a couple of weeks till I can go visit and spoil him. I haven't talked a lot about my bio-family. My Niece is my favorite family member from my family. I am the middle child, second daughter of a toxic Mother. None of us children were raised by her very long. I was lucky enough to be abandoned here in Paradise with my non-related Grandmother. This was one of only 3 thankful things my bio-mom has done for me. Unfortunately, my sister is exactly like my bio-mom and when my niece was a young teen, she forged a relationship with me. She is a lot alike me and we have shared too many unhappy times at our bio-mom's hands. I wish neither of us had to experience these times, but for myself, I can say, it has made me who I am today. And I like myself, as I have grown, and continue to grow, to be.
(This has been the hardest thing I have ever put on stone, please forgive me for being so emotional. I didn't ever mean for my blog to be anything but up beat. But I also know that facing my past will be a therapeutic and healing experience. All this has been brought up, cause I'm proud of my niece for forging through and being such a strong person. I admire her and just wish I was as strong.)
So enough with the tears and on with my newest Internet purchase. I bought handles to put on my diaper bag. My niece's bag had handles made of a suede upholster. I couldn't find any other strongish fabric to make handles with so I found these on-line. I will show the pink and yellow bag, after I finish that quilt top.
So good luck on all your projects and we'll talk tomorrow.
Take care, Brandie

2 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

I have some of those handles. I've used some too. They work really well. Love the quilt. Fabulous job Brandie. I adore it. What baby wouldn't love it.

Lori said...

Brandie, that is really great that you have been so supportive of your niece. A young person especially needs some family love and that sounds like what you have done.
What a wonderful quilt for Parker!!