Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, April 22, 2010

All things baby

I was trying to prepare for all the babies that I'm going to meet this summer, and I realized that my stash is sadly inadequate for baby girls. For some reason. I don't have a lot of pink in my stash.

I did have these two main fabrics, but that's all the pink I have. With 4 girls coming this summer, I need to start thinking and getting more pinks. There are 3 yards of the yellow and about 4 of the flower girls. When I saw the flower girl fabric years ago, I couldn't have enough. Have I ever used any? No, I was waiting for a special occasion. Maybe now is that time. I love the antique look of the girls. Unfortunately, the colors are hard to match with. They are all muted tones and today's fabrics are crisp with color. But I'll figure something out, if I end up using this fabric.

Also I couldn't help myself. I went to Baby Gap and found a bunch of stuff.

It's hard to see, but I love the little one-sies. What could be cuter than a baby in a one-sie? A naked baby!
I'll need to curb myself from buying everything or I'll go poor. But every now and than I'll add to my baby stash and by the time the baby showers roll around, I'll be ready.
Having fun thinking up girl quilts.
Take care, Brandie

2 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

How exciting to be collecting and making quilts for babies! Love the flower girl fabric.

Nanette Merrill said...

I have that little girl fabric, or some of it left. It is so cute. It has been a favorite of mine. I love making baby quilts.