Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Uneventful

Our small group got together last night. Last time we were together we had put together a wild and crazy child's quilt. At one point we started finishing up these leaves. As I understand it, someone else started these and donated them. One of our members picked them up to finish them. This pic just shows you some of the completed blocks. I only pulled out a few non-ugly leaves. It's difficult to pick up someone else's project and complete it without hating some of their fabric choices, but this group has shown me time and again that with a neutral or plain sashing, it tones down all the color going on. I just wanted you all to see these cute leaves. Maybe they will inspire someone.

Alicia finished up a quilt. She said that it took her 2 years to finish the binding. I think she is exaggerating and that she put it away and forgot about it. No matter when she started it and when it was finished, it's beautiful and she should be proud. Those colors have a lot of wow to them.

Sorry, I have nothing to show for my week yet. I've been doing lots of mending and house cleaning. I've made an executive decision and that decision was not to show you my mending.
Take care, Brandie

3 comments:

Lori said...

Mending is not all that exciting but sometimes it needs to be done.
Alicia's quilt is quite graphic and fun!!

Carrie P. said...

I have a pile of those leaf blocks I need to put together in a quilt.
Alicia's quilt is fabulous.

Nanette Merrill said...

Alicia's quilt is amazing. Sometimes housework is not glamorous enough to show. But so worthy.