Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mysterious building


In my town the is this beautiful old building next door to the library. For years I've wondered what goes on in this building. It could be my natural curiosity or that rumors and speculation about men's clubs.
I imagine the worst after seeing movies like the new "Sherlock Holmes". And maybe I don't trust a club that only has men for members.

Do you remember the movie "Peggy Sue got married"? Even she wondered what her Grandfather did at his club.

Well I'll probably never know what goes on in this beautiful building, but I can still wonder and give myself goosebumps thinking about it.
Take care and watch out for men in capes, Brandie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Brandie,

Looks like the IOOF Hall or Masonic Temple. My dad was a Mason and I was in Jobs Daughters. And the Guild meeting is held in the new Masonic Temple in Chico. so, no scarty stuff happens there. Lizzie

Nanette Merrill said...

You are funny. It is a lovely building. My dad used to go to "The Bungalow". IT was his club. And it was just off the edge of the Schuylkill river in a little bungalow house turned into a bar mostly. They had beer and snacks, dinner even, and played cards and pool. He went every Thursday. After he joined our church at 56 he kind of stopped going since he gave up alcohol. But he had great memories and stories and a lot of fun there.