My kitchen floor needed a redo. A serious redo. I had decided that some of those quaint seams in the floor had to go this time around. They were a catch all for every crumb in the house.
|It's it so pretty? Not!|
|See that beautiful brick wall? Well you won't for long. Next week it'll be covered by wainscoting.|
Guess who tried to help? Dorian!
That cat got through every blockade and every barrier. I had to cut the black paint off him!
|Drying time, looking over my plywood barrier|
I had finally blocked him long enough to paint the beige checks. Long enough for the paint to dry during the day. Long enough to get a clear varnish on, when he streaked in and ran across the the floor. I caught him by the tail and pulled him out. That's when he noticed his feet were sticky. he was spreading those toes and shaking those legs trying to get the "tape" off his feet.
And of course I had painted myself out of the two rooms that had rags in them. So I used a dirty sock to clean his feet before they turned to glass.
I'm laughing now, but the cat was in trouble then! He had to spent a time out in the bedroom. When I came back for him, he was just laying on the bed staring at the door. I went into him and explained that he needed to stay out of there and be a good boy. I think it went in one ear and out the other. Because he went right back to trying to get back into the kitchen.
I've since noticed that the tip of his tail has a crispy spot thanks to the varnish, Oh well! I may have to cut that off too.
I have always wanted a black and white checked floor. I should have done it last time I painted. I love the feel of the Polycrylic on my feet. I hope this seals the floor better than last time and makes it easier to clean.
Today I will be using that same black paint on my third project.
I still haven't been back to my machine but I'm hoping today isn't going to be as long the previous projects.