Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sweat Shop

 This sweet fuzzy is my new helper. I decided to put him to work to help pay for crunchies.
 His job is to pull the fabric from under the pressure foot and pool them behind the machine.
 He is also helping with quality control, making sure Mom is sewing a quarter inch.
 Work time is over, it's play time now.
 "I want to play with that thing that goes up and down! Meow!"
 "Mom, this looks a little off, you need to be carful when putting these together".
 With Dorian's help, I finally completed our Guild presidents block. Finally!
 Without his help I added some embellishments.
And I finally came up with a solution for the next step in the Jubilee quilt. One block done, 24 more to go.
I had hoped I'd finish this today, but I'm not going to push myself and do any crappier of a job quilting because I'm in a hurry. I'll just keep at my snail speed and have it done by the next months meeting.

Back to the blocks I go. I'm still not sure about that wool batting. In some places it's really puffing and I may have to un-sew to reduce some puckers. But I'm still waiting till I finish and wash the whole quilt before deciding.

Take care, Brandie

10 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

My one experience with wool it was puffy, but I like the drape and feel -- warm in winter/cool in summer.

Jean(ie) said...

My one experience with wool it was puffy, but I like the drape and feel -- warm in winter/cool in summer.

Carrie P. said...

too cute! love that spider web block.

Lori said...

That little Dorian is such a big helper!!! NOT!! LOLROF!

Unknown said...

Hi,your works are very beautiful and Dorian is really cute. Adorable!

Sue-Anne said...

It is so good to see Dorian growing into a healthy, much loved kitty. Aren't they just the best helpers - not ha ha.

ranette said...

I am always amazed at your beautiful creations Brandie! You are one talented lady!
Dorian is a super cute kitty.....

Unknown said...

Love your 'help'! I love wool batting for quilting. Your quilting is great! ~karen

Marie said...

LOVE the spider web block, including Spidey himself. Three might make a fun runner - gotta try that. Thanks! Kitty is very cute too...

Linda said...

Dorian is soooooo stinking cute!!!!!!! Makes me miss Scooter, he's moved back with Kristin. :-(. Yep, wool is much more puffy. I think there probably is a little learning curve with dealing with it but boy does it make the quilting stand out!!!! Your feathers ate beautiful!