Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cheddar Moon

Looking through the veggies
 I'm almost done! I just have the borders to finish appliquéing and add on and then I can begin to quilt this one too.
I tried taking a picture outside to show you, but I didn't really have a big enough place to hang it.
 At least there are no animals in this shot!
The light behind it makes it look like stained glass
 The outside pictures really shows the true colors, except with the light shining through!
Animals on quilts
 I LOVE that cheddar moon! I am so happy I used it. All these colors are playing really well together and I'll say it again, this is my favorite quilt!
"Me Move? I don't think so"
 Hopefully the fuzzies will let me stitch the borders together. I know one of them will be all over it.
Last night I caught him stealing a pin out of it! I was scared he was going to swallow it! Really scared!
I may have to start using appliqué glue.

Finally he settled down, long enough for a photo together. This may be the best photo of me out them! Don't believe me? Ask my BFF. We tried to take a picture together at the wedding and we have more than enough ridiculous pictures of my eyes rolled back into my head or of them just shut. I don't know how I do it. I think I concentrate too much. Thank goodness for digital!

This morning I'm off to our local apple farm to buy bushels and bushels of apples. It's applesauce season!
I may not be back till next week. My Daughter is coming to town tonight and we have some shopping to do!

Take care, Brandie

12 comments:

Heather said...

Great quilt. I always use applique glue for my applique. Took me years to take the plunge but I have never looked back. I like Roxanne's glue baste.

Sharon said...

I never noticed the proportions until you mentioned it, I just thought it was a big moon in the sky. LOVE it. Is this your own pattern or from a book?

Linda said...

Quilt is absolutely gorgeous!!! Omg, I LOVE it!!!! The cheddar moon is perfect...phenomenal!

What a beautiful photo of you!!!!!!!

JustPam said...

I love it and love even more the photo with your kits on it!

Esther said...

Love the colors in your quilt, and all the pics of Dorian are so fun. Have a wonderful time with your daughter!

sunny said...

Love the quilt! Have fun with your daughter. I can't believe how big Mr. Dorian is getting.

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt! I never use pins, I always use Roxeanne's glue. Pins have a tendency to end up in feet....and paws! Enjoy the time with your daughter!

Createology said...

Dorian has clearly adopted this quilt as his! Great cheddar moon. Pins are really scary around pets as they do tend to swallow them. Roxeanne's glue it is. Have fun quilting around your furry feline...

paulette said...

Cheddar Moon is Spooktacular!! Love the photo of you and our sweet little Dorian!! You can tell that he loves his mama!
P

Lori said...

I love that quilt and it certainly wouldn't be the same without the cheddar moon!
Love you and Dorian:)

M and M plus 3 said...

It's gorgeous, as well as the photo of you and your baby!

Carla said...

Your quilt is looking great! Cute pic of you and kitty ; )