Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, August 18, 2011

More Cuteness

I had a couple of left over basket blocks and I didn't want them to go to waste, so I thought I'd whip up a little cuteness. How's this for leftovers?
I had just enough fabric for the sashing, background and border. I literally have just inches left!
Last night our small group meet and the girls were all working on something new.
Alicia just finished this quilt for her granddaughter. How cute is this?
Sue and Alicia were doing a ric-rack test. Any girl would love this quilt!
Judy was working on a scarf. She says this is all the yarn, that there are only 8 stitches. Beautiful! Maybe I should do one if it's that simple!
And Carol was working on those famous Chico chickens! Every quilt show our guild sells this chicken pin cushions. We've been selling them for years. I can tell you from experience these guys are addicting! You can't make just one and then you over do it and then you hate them!
Today there is a birthday celebration for Morning Stars 5th year. They are having a sale today starting at noon till 7 pm. Come on by for the sale and have some cake. I'll going and I may come home with something grand! If not, I'll still have fun!

Have a wonderful Thursday!
Take care, Brandie

3 comments:

paulette said...

I love your little basket hanging!! VERU sweet and what a great idea for those leftover blocks!! Such talented ladies in your group...such inspiration! Have fun at the sale!
P

Linda said...

Your little baskets are just so pretty!!!

Anita said...

Such pretty little baskets! I want to know what's up with that scarf, that looks interesting. There's an awful lot of talent there.