Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, July 15, 2011

Orphan Pieces

Several years ago I inherited these dresden plates. I had put them away and just came across them. I had forgot all about them. Pretty sad I know!
So I took them out of their bag and I found two plates mostly complete. I also found a pile of pieces that need to be sewn together.
I don't have any idea of their age. But I will find out someday. They are stiff and dirty, but there is no way I can wash them till I appliqué them down.
So once again I have a take along project! I love these little things that can be pulled out in the doctors office or during boring meetings. After I finish the basket handles, I've just been twiddling my thumbs. Last night I had one of the afore mentioned meeting and it helped to keep me for being too bored. And just think, someday I'll have an heirloom, all from forgotten pieces.
Have a wonderful summer weekend!
Take care, Brandie

5 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very cool! I think you have some original feedsacks there. :-)

And I love how your challenge is coming along!

Have a happy weekend!

Lynette said...

very fun. :) I need a new take-along. My tote is empty now that I finished the UFO that was in there. Hesitant to start anything new, though, when I'm doing so well at shooting down the massive UFO list. On the other hand. . . I have nothing toteable right now, and it drives me nuts! lol

Linda said...

What a fun project to take along. Yes, I totally know what you mean by having those just when you need them. It'll be an heirloom for sure!

Lori said...

I love working with old quilt pieces. If they are too stinky I would wash them first- well soak in Oxyclean in the sink then lay on a towel to dry. That works pretty good without them coming unraveled.

M and M plus 3 said...

What a nice portable project. It's nice to have something ready to grab on the way out the door already prepped. I look forward to seeing them on their background.