Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, June 30, 2011

When Life Gives You...

Nectarines? Can them. And looky here, the pictures work today.
Between bouts of couch surfing, I got a bit of canning done. I love, love, love white nectarines! But you can't eat all that you buy before they go bad. So I decided can them for all year consumption.
Another of my favorites is apricot jam. So I did that too. And what goes better with jam than anything else? BREAD
So you all know what I'm having for breakfast, toast and jam, yum!

This here is yesterdays picture of a totally decadent cream cheese pound cake. I made it to take along to a meeting for all my Ladies. I took a plate full and I only had 4 pieces left. So it must have been good.
I tried to fancy it up with a glaze and a pearl. A mock petite four if you will.

Off to start my day... hopefully it will involve the sewing machine, but we'll see. I also need to remember to wish my bestest cousin a Happy Birthday. Please don't let me forget. I just don't want to disturb her slumber, in case she is actually getting an extra hour of sleep during summer vacation. Does this happen? Do kids really let you sleep in? I'll have to ask her when I remember to call her...

Take care, Brandie

6 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh I love fresh bread and jam too! and those nectarines look delicious, wish I'd thought of doing that when they were in season , would be lovely now! Hope you remembered that Birthday, I forgot a friends yesterday - yikes!

Anonymous said...

HUh? DId you say soemthin" I was too busy looking at those nectarines and cake. LOL

Lynn said...

You've been busy. Great pictures! I'm glad Blogger decided to cooperate.

Linda said...

Yummy!!! Warm bread and jam!! :-"

Lori said...

And here I thought I was doing good by making freezer jam! What a homemaker you are:)

Anita said...

~DROOL~ I've never had nectarine jam but apricot is my all time favorite. My mom used to make it with the sweet pits. Divine! Everything looks so yummy!