Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Top is Done

I really did finish the top. I'm so happy with the way is looks! It's a lot of red, but I can take it. The next step for this quilt is to buy a backing and some batting.
I did add a thin white border, than a 10" red border. I think the red border will be perfect to add a field of feathers to. The quilt is so big and my room so small, I just couldn't take a picture of the borders, but they are they same fabrics as the sashing.
I wanted this quilt to touch the floor, and it does. I think this will make it really cozy in the winter. The size is roughly 100 x 100. Even my ample backside is going to be covered by this!
That's what it's all about. Make what you love and make sure it keeps you warm!

Take care, Brandie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandie,

This is wonderful!!!!! Beautiful!!! Good job!!! Lizzie

Sharon said...

Beautiful job! I love all the reds you used.

Linda said...

Congratulations!!! That's so awesome that you already have it pieced into a gorgeous top!!! It's just a stunner and it'll be amazing once it's quilted. I, agree that feathers will be perfect in the outside border!

Lori said...

That is a lot of red but it is awesome! Fantastic brandie!

ranette said...

Well Brandie if you decide that it's just too much red for you, you can always send it to me! I love red and I love your quilt. Cannot wait to see what you do with the quilting...

Lynn said...

Love your houses Brandie. The reds work so well together. You made what you love!