Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, May 9, 2011

Lavender Squares

I high hopes of a sewing weekend, at least one day. Wouldn't you know that's not the way things worked out.
Saturday I went to a bridal shower and when I got home, I just couldn't find the energy to sit in front of my machine. But I did get the baby quilt done and I'm happy to at least accomplish that. Nothing fancy, just a little cuteness. Mostly stitch-in-the-ditch.
I did add a little lacy border and a few hearts. Just to make it little more girly.
It's kind of hard to see, but the backing is a "twinkle, twinkle" fabric. It was lavender and it was cute, those characteristics make it a perfect backing for a baby quilt.

Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend. After almost a week of sun and heat, we had a rainy night and a sun spotted day. A little windy but still a wonderful day.
After a lunch with the family, my Hubby, Daughter and I went to see "Water for Elephants". If you read they book, the movie closely followed the book. Of course they changed a few things, but still a good story. Though I still enjoyed the book more. I always feel that book gives you more insight. You read and feel what the characters are going through and you don't always get that in the movie. So if you're looking for a good movie, go see it.

Today I have already cut out some fabric and I hope to have a new something to show you tomorrow. I'm back to the Dresdens and had another brilliant idea, I hope.

Take care, Brandie

4 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Adorable quilt Brandie! I'm sure it will be well loved. Have a happy day!

Linda said...

Love your quilting. The border design was a very nice added touch!

Anita said...

I love this lavender quilt, it's so serene and calm. Perfect for a good snuggle.

Lori said...

The quilt is beautiful!!