Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, May 20, 2010

What can't you live without?

What is one thing I can't live without? My secret ingredient. This vanilla bean paste. I use this instead of vanilla extract. If I knew I was going to be shipwrecked. I would take this.
It even looks great in the bottle and just wait till you use it. Yummy!
Do you see the little flecks in the frosting. If not click the picture to enlarge it.
More cupcakes from "The Hummingbird Bakery". These are "Peaches and Cream". Boy are they tasty!
Last night was our small group meeting. Everyone was working on their own projects, while we tried to come up a pattern for another community service quilt. Every June, our guild has a sew night just to make community service quilts.
This is Gail's antique Dresden. She has been quilting this in her spare time, which she doesn't have much of.
Nancy made this cute bag out of clothes line. She was trying to figure out which way to put the handles.
Sue made this quilt using all scraps. She also made a very cute quilt for her 1st grandchild. Which I'm sorry I didn't take a pic of.

Frances made this top out of some fat quarters.
It was a good night. I myself sewed a couple of seams, ripped out a few and started a new baby quilt. More on that tomorrow.
Take care, Brandie

2 comments:

Lori said...

Do you purchase that in the grocery store? I've never heard of it but it looks fantastic!

It looks like some fun projects with your sewing group.

Sue-Anne said...

I've never heard of it either.
I love the dresden plate quilt, it is so pretty and the other quilts look great too.