Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, May 17, 2010

Movie review

I did to go see the movie "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". I enjoy it. Now for those of you who don't know, this was made in Sweden and is in subtitles. You won't recognize any of the actors and will have to read the film. I found that it followed the book very closely. There were a few things that they changed, some to speed up the film and maybe there was one improvement. This is a long movie, over 2 hours. If you read the book and you want to see the book, by all means go see it if it come to your town. I watched it in a very Bohemian theatre, that runs older film, foreign films and cult films. So check it out if you get a change, or just wait a couple of month till it comes out on DVD.
Did you also know that "Hollywood" is looking into remaking this movie? There are rumors of Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and George Clooney playing Mikael Blomkist. I'm not sure how I feel about any of them. I just hope they don't turn it into something it's not. Sometimes the "Stars" out shine the plot.
Have any of you seen the movie? Did you envision Mikael's character being younger? What were your thoughts on the over all movie?

Sorry, I have no pictures today. My computer is being upgrade. Hurray! I needed another terabyte. After it is installed, I should be set for years.
Tomorrow I promise you more pics of useless, silly stuff.
Take care, Brandie

No comments: