Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, June 23, 2014

Pause

This weekend I decided to take a quick pause from my appliqué-dresden quilt. 
I had just returned from seeing my SIL at the care home she lives in and I had an epiphany. Why haven't I made her a bright happy quilt?! 
Many of you know of Libby Lehman. She had a similar stroke and has had many of the same happenings as my SIL. 
We are starting to see more improvement with my SIL but it has been a long slow heart breaking journey. 
When I read about other quilters making Libby quilts, I should have connected the dots but I'm slow and it took me much longer.  
(The instant fabric hits the floor, cats come from nowhere to claim it!)
So I came home and I ransacked my fabric stash to find that swan fabric, one that I bought years ago with my SIL in mind. Than I grabbed all my hot pink (we use to call that slut pink!) fabrics. Not enough of them so I threw in purples and melons. 
I needed something bright and happy but not childish. 
(Are you looking at me? Is this my quilt?)
I'm going to add big bright letters, her name, to keep this quilt in her possession, hopefully.
I'm just hoping to reach her, to reconnect  with the girl I grew up with. 

Take care!
Brandie

6 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

This will be happy and appreciated. I love the colors!

sunny said...

What a great idea! I'm sure she'll love it. Very bright and cheerful.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see your cat on your quilts!!

Jo said...

testing 2
Now there is a happy quilt and the kitties agree, they like those swans :0)

Dee said...

That's a great idea! And obviously your kitties approve.

Lori said...

It will be perfect Brandie!!