Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Flimsy Excuse

I just finished putting the flimsy together! This was yesterday's goal but I got busy (season 4 of Downton Abbey) and didn't meet my goal till this morning. 
Today's goal is it layer it and get started quilting. My plan is to have this done by Saturday so I can hand deliver it to my SIL. 
There will be no fancy quilting. I spent that time machine satin stitching the letters. Boy are they imperfect! This is why I hand appliqué!
Back to work! No more TV till I finish... at least the sandwiching. 

Take care, Brandie

3 comments:

Shay said...

Go Brandie. I have a quilt o baste today too - I'll race you to a finish!

Lori said...

What a meaningful and precious quilt!

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

You are really moving along. I don't watch DA but I did get hooked on Mr. Selfridge. Are you hand quilting or longarming?
D.G. L