In retrospect, I may have spent too much time at the machine yesterday. Last night was the worst my back has felt in months. I need to be on a timer! But I wanted to be finished! Oh the struggle within my own head.
Anyway, lots of stretches and less machine time planned today. I need to re-teach myself how to care for my back or I won't be sewing at all.
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Take care, Brandie
|Good thing I made a pattern for any future capes!|
Edit: Having being asked where I found this pattern, I looked and can't find the specific pattern I used. While going through my computer history and searching Google, I saw that there are many patterns out there in, I just cant find the one I used.
BUT I can tell you what I did.
Take a 31" piece of fabric. Fold in half long ways. With the selvages together.
Mark a line at 12" inches (this is the width at the bottom) and a line at 7" (for the neck).
Connect the lines so that you make a taper.
At the neck area, line up a plate or 12" bowl (half the plate) and mark a quarter circle cutout. I made sure that I had a 2" tab on the side of the plate.
Then I just hemmed it. (In the original pattern, she used 2 pieces of fabric and turned it right side out)
Sew velcro on the neck tabs.
For the emblems on the back, I started with a diamond shape. Then I had my Husband draw out a square-ish letter for each boy.
Easy-peasy and they only took about an hour to complete.
And just so you know, if you turn the cape backwards, it makes an excellent bib!