Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, March 22, 2013

Pop of Color

I started with an idea of a Spring linen. I had these pastel squares on off white and even a tan plaid. But they just weren't popping. So I changed it up, drastically.
I pulled out a black and I liked how it looked. It made those colors pop! And I think it makes the linen stand out more too.
The next step for this linen, is to layer it with some batting and a backing and treat it like a quilt.
It's a little quilt, only 32 x 32. I was looking for something quick and small. Something to show almost instant gratification. If I didn't have a bunch of errands and household chores, this would have been quicker. But I had to see the dentist for a cleaning and we really needed groceries and I had to go to a couple of meetings and...
After all that I'm hoping to have some sewing time this weekend, even though I have to take Hubby back to the airport on Sunday and pick him back up on Monday. Just a quick trip for him. I think it takes more time for me to drive home then it takes him to reach his office. We may have to invest in a plane so that I can have more sewing time! Kidding

Have a wonderful fabric filled weekend!
Take care, Brandie

7 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

What a cute little topper! And If I remember correctly your kitchen is black and white? (Or am I crazy?). That's a perfect way to pop out the color in a modern way!

Createology said...

I do love the black for this vintage linen quilt. Your little macaroon purses are uber cute but very fiddly to make. If only I could stitch in my sleep. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Grit said...

This looks fantastic. Wonderful work.

Greetings Grit

Heather said...

Very pretty, the black makes everything pop.

Lori said...

What a beautiful piece of embroidered linen. I like your vision!

Dee said...

I agree, the black does make it pop. Very cute!

Sharon said...

I was looking at a quilt yesterday that used the same design for a border and I was really liking it, this looks terrific!