Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Enough?

Can you ever have enough bags?
I think not. You can have a bag for every use, every hobby, every mood.
If you are like me, I can help you. I can show you where to find a new obsession.

I spent about 3 hours making my cute little bag you see here. BUT, if you make more than one, it's sew much easier! I read, re-read and read the instructions again. They took awhile to comprehend but I jumped in and now I can't wait to make more.
I used "Cosmo Cricket" to make this little cutie. I had won there fabrics at my guild and I had forgotten about them till now.
It's a working, lined, 3 zip bag. Did you hear me? 3 zips! But they are super easy! I promise, trust me.
I had three zipper hanging around. The pattern called for 9 inch or bigger. In the instructions, they cut the zipper down to size so I figured I could make my 7 inchers work and they did. Frugal me!
Having all three zips being a different color makes them cuter and easier to see. The cuteness factor went way up with the red zip. That's just my humble opinion, but you agree don't you?
And did you hear me say lined? I mean it, fully lined! I really appreciate that! Because I hate seeing the inside of anything.
So have I got you interested and ready to drop what you're doing to go make a new (obsession) bag?

(If I had found this pattern before Christmas, these would have been another great gift for my quilting girls, or anybody really)

Confession time. I'm actually on my way out to go buy more zips. My local quilting shop (Morning Star, Hey girls!) carries a rack of brightly colored zips. I feel the need to acquire some of those pretty zips, it's come over me like a cloud of lust! I need them!

Anyhow, back to the info you are seeking. Go to this here link and learn all about your new obsession, the 3 zip, zippy bag.
And if you want to copy it to do later, there is a PDF link right under the first pic in tiny, tiny font.

I dare you not to do it!

Take care, Brandie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome. I think you should teach a 1 day class. Lizzie

Sharon said...

How about I send you some zippers and fabric along with my mailing address.......hehehe. I don't have the patience to make any of these cute bags.

Library Gal Quilts said...

I love it! And I love that the tutorial shows with the little tabs. Cool you are! and yes I need a new obsession (like a hole in my head :)

Carla said...

Oh I love it love it! Great job lining up that row of letters ; )
Well done

Createology said...

Oh Yes Brandie Dear! I love your little multi zipper bag. I saved the link and hope to make this soon. Yours is uber cute! What a wonderful gift this will make. Thank you sew very much for sharing. Creative Blissful Stitching...

Jean(ie) said...

I bow to your zippiness! That is so stinkin cute! Zips and all!

Barb said...

good for you! I loved using what I have on hand.
What cute fabric, I just love it!

Lori said...

Such adorable bags!