Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Owl 3

I promise not to bored you with any more owls. This is the last time, for a while, I promise!
This one is on a buttery yellow background and has more branches, because I put the owls down too low. But I meant to do it, so all is good!
Sorry I took the pictures outside and the sun is leave spots on the quilt.
I also decided that a patchwork border was too busy and I went with a simple stripe. Aaahhh, so much better.
I also added tummies to these owls. Easy Peasy. I started out with a fold piece of paper and cut out an owl shape. Just like a heart, but owl shaped. There are no rules, just do what you like. Next you just add a branch or two and you're done. See, easy-peasy!
And again with that backing fabric. I have one yard left of this and one special quilt to make out of it, but I have time yet. I was just practicing.
I did take an owl quilt to a local boutique and I saw that another local company (Woof n Poof) has come out with a bunch of owls too. So the Daughter was right, owl are the new thing.

Enjoy your Wednesday!
Take care, Brandie

8 comments:

Jean said...

I like this one the best so far...

Linda said...

I love the addition of the tummies!!! Darling!

ranette said...

I love your owls and they are the "in" thing right now. I've got a couple of patterns to try out soon.

Lori said...

Oh my goodness! It is fantastic Brandie!

M and M plus 3 said...

Cute, cute, cute! Your making me want to give this a try! You make it look so easy.

paulette said...

These are DANG CUTE!! LOve them!!
P

Briarside Lane said...

Too cute... back-tracking to find more about the raven.
Owls must be IN... DDs Xstitch mags are full of owls, too.
...Karen

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Oh my gosh that is so cute.