Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, November 8, 2010

Drum Roll...

I'm so glad to be back! I've missed you all! I've visited some of you, but it's just not the same as running my own mouth. And another thing, I've made good use of my time and have some things to show you, throughout the week.
So enough about that, let's get on to the name-picken and give-away. Drum roll...
We have a winner! Thelma, fromhttp://cupcakesndaisies.blogspot.com/! If you haven't been to her blog, you must go! She has an amazing start quilt she just finished, that I'm trying to figure out how to get her to send it to me. I've come up with a devious plan, but she saw right through it.
Thelma, Congratulations! Trade you the gift for your quilt?

In other news, I have a grand...puppy! I'm so happy...ish! He is a 12 week old, almost 3 pounds of cuteness. His name is Maximus and he came to visit me last night. We had already meet, but he hadn't meet his big Aunt PugsLee.
In this pic it looks as if he has an enormous head, but it's just a funny angle. He loves his Mommy! He watches her every move. Every time she left the room, he stood up to follow her with his eyes ( that's because I was holding him).
Right now he's all legs. He walks and runs like a baby colt. Chasing his tail seems to be his favorite thing, that and sleeping in Moms bed, under all the blankets.
Today I feel old. I guess that happens when your older child, gets older. He is officially 23, in about 15 minutes. What a day, what a boy!
I think I'll start a new tradition of calling him at his exact time of birth and tell him all the gory details, like I wouldn't have had any stitches if he wouldn't have tried to get out on his own!
Too much? Sorry to leave you with that story, but I need to go make a call, wake that boy up and tell him.
Take care and I'll see you tomorrow, Brandie

4 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Cute pup!

I love Thelma at Cupcakes. She has some of the best quilts in blogland!

debbie m said...

Cutie little purse puppy!

Brandie, I had to laugh about your comments about your son's b-day. Below is part of the email I sent him on his 21st. I have said before, our sons are similar...and so is our mothering or at least our sense of humor about it anyway. Still laughing!

As I am typing this you are 21 years, 2 hours and 1 minute old.
>
>In honor of the aniversary of your birth...
>Monday night just around midnight I began sticking myself with sharp objects in the abdomen to simulate the pain I felt when my labor pains started. Around 3am Tuesday I began sticking my self in the lower back, as that is when those pains started. And then around noon on Tuesday I went to the hospital and tried to get medication for the labor pain... I decided to take the easy way out...
>
>but they told me 21 years is to long to wait to get meds for child birth. I think they are wrong!!!
>
>The above is all fiction, just a bit of sick humor.
>
>
>Have a wonderful birthday, I love you!

ranette said...

Congrats to Thelma and what a cute, cute grandpuppy you have..what a sweetie.

Debbie in Chico/Sacto said...

Congrats to Thelma! And I love that cute grandpuppy! Oh my gosh, he's so cute!!! (Sorry Pugslee)