Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

After Math

If I wasn't so embarrassed of the mess, I'd show you all the pics, but I'm not going to. I want you all to believe that my house is never messy and that I would never have a dirty dish in my sink. And I'm not going to tell you that all the Halloween decorations are still up.
In reality the after math of a party isn't pretty. Just like you don't instantly gain weight or even lose the weight. It all takes time. All these decorations didn't get put up in one day and they aren't going down in one day.
And some of the decorations are just too cute to take down, specially because they just arrived. I need time to admire them. Like these super adorable ghost cookies. Cousin Nikki brought these over Halloween night. Yeah you heard me, she bought treats to my house. How sweet is that. Of course she didn't take any away, so I'm still dealing with the leftovers.
She brought them over to share with my party, but I selfishly keep most of them. I think they will make some great decorations for next year. So when I start actually packing things up, I'll move these cute little guys into the freezer for next year.
Oh the perils of house work! And if you're still overly tired, it isn't fun. The way I'm feeling now, I might not have the Halloween decorations put away till Christmas! Oh woe is me!
Take care, Brandie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know the Addams family made that whole "365 days of Halloween" work out for them...just a thought