Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Now ready for Saturday

So I have been working on Pumpkins. I love pumpkin, but I don't like the color orange, yet. I have always loved pumpkin. My house is decorated with MANY pumpkins, this time of year. I don't know if you have a special helper, but I do. This is PugsLee. She thinks all quilts are for her.and it there on the ground, well that's just an invitation.
My pictures are all backwards, I'm sorry. Well this is the primitive quilted pumpkin border. After doing my quilt show quilts, I needed something less exact. The pumpkins fit that bill. I saw a quilt from THIS AND THAT blog. I thought how simple. So I made my own pattern and used only what I had in my stash, except the backing. I'm very proud of my self for being frugal. My next project is also all scraps, even more pleased with my self. You'll have to wait till later. Sorry to tease you.

Just a few pumpkins to make the picture more festive. I used a variegated King Tut to quilt with. OH, that was another, must buy. I didn't even do any filler quilting, that's how burnt out I am.


Before trimming and binding, but you all understand.



My first picture, from my cell phone. Sorry it's very blurry. just looking for a perfect layout. Also this was taken before I embroidered any thing, or leaves were put on.
Now you can see I put in the pictures backwards.
Take care, we'll talk later, Brandie




1 comment:

ranette said...

Great pumpkin quilt....I don't like the color orange either, but I work in an orange store...lol

Cute little pug....my kitty thinks all quilts are for her.