Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Early Fall Quilts

This is one of my first quilts. I wanted something festive to hang up for the Holidays. I used Judy Martin's perpetual calendar, for the large pumpkin. It is all hand done. I use to hand quilt everything, until I was introduced to the Juki. I still love this little quilt.
My Husband went right out the door yesterday and saw this hanging about a foot front the walkway. I guess I don't look up. When the picture came up on the computer screen, I thought, I don't have any red flowers. I need to learn to open my eyes and look up. This amazing cluster is just so festive and colorful. Oh, when I said the picture came up on the screen, well my Husband bought me a card for the camera that instantly (with wi-fi) uploads the pictures straight to MY computer. How great is that, now I don't have to learn anything new. You know how hard it is to teach an old dog new tricks, that's me. Computer idiot. Speaking of, A friendly blogger, Ranette, helped me to change my settings to no longer read "no-reply". Thank You Ranette, I need all the help I can get.

Also hand done. This time I branched out, HaHa, and pieced a background. These leaves are from our neighborhood. I traced them onto the fabric and appliqued them down.


As you can see, I use it as a large coaster. Pumpkins and soup tureens. Some of my favorite things.



This is a antique silk hankie. Would any of you blow your nose into a silk hankie? I hope no one used this. This was done on my Juki. This was the beginning of my obsession with feathers and such. this is also used as a coaster, for what else but a pumpkin.
Have a great day, we'll talk later, Brandie




No comments: