Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, July 25, 2014

Measure Twice

Don't you hate running out of fabric? I thought I'd have enough blue scraps to make the bigger churn dash. But when it came down to it I only had enough for one block. I even looked in my stash but there wasn't an appropriate blue there either. 
After a quick trip to my LQS I came home with a few more blues but no spray starch which I needed. Looks like I might have to make another trip!

My sewing buddy Gail came over and we spent the afternoon sewing. It's been a long while since we've sewn together! 
While she was here I worked on our groups new quilt. This time it's Freddy's Houses. 
They had to make me up a kit for these blocks because these colors didn't come from my house! But I've been thinking I do need some (more shopping at my LQS).
Now don't tell Carol our organizer, I made a mistake on my first block. I cut, yes CUT my first angle piece the wrong direction. 
Thank goodness there was a big enough matching piece from the other angled piece! Which I checked, re-checked and asked Gail!
If you can't see it, well I did a good job covering my mistake!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Take care, Brandie

3 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

I've been totally crushing on those nested churn dash blocks. They are so cute! I love your houses!

Jo said...

Good job! The gold house could be yours, it has lots of cats :)
Enjoy your weekend, stay cool!

Library Gal Quilts said...

Looks good ! I love those brights and my house is packed with them literally. You are welcome to more any time!!